|POSITION TITLE:||Program Facilitator|
|POSITION STATUS:||Contract (12 months – based on start date)|
|HOURS OF WORK:||37.5 hours per week (8:00 am – 3:30 pm OR 8:30 am – 4:00 pm OR 9:00 am – 4:30 pm subject to organizational needs at the time of hire).|
By fostering a spirit of teamwork and collaboration you will provide direct services to adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities in a day program setting. You will support each individual to reach their goals while they participating in meaningful activities in their community.
While adhering to all Harmony Place Support Services policies and procedures as a Program Facilitator you will:
- Develop and facilitate program delivery specific to leisure recreation, social education, life skills enhancement, and health and wellness.
- Coordinate and attend community outings throughout the GTA that match programming needs,
- Provide personal care and assist with tasks of daily living,
- Maintain accurate and relevant records related to people in programming,
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 10 individuals and support each individual with the completion of their Individual Support Plan (ISP) and reviews,
- Guide people in programming to meet their ISP goals and objectives and monitor achievements,
- Establish a supportive, ongoing relationship with people in programming and their support systems,
- Administer First Aid, CPR, and medications as necessary,
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of program area as necessary, reporting any hazards to the Health and safety Representative or supervisor,
- Other duties as assigned,
- Graduate of Developmental Service Worker Program (DSW), Social Service Worker (SSW) or related programs,
- A minimum of two years’ work related experience within the developmental sector,
- Knowledge of Government legislation and requirements that govern the developmental services sector,
- In-depth knowledge and sensitivity to working with disability population,
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs,
- Proficient in the use of assistive devices, alternative augmentative communication equipment, medical equipment for personal care and medications,
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of this position, (e.g. perform lifts and transfers, lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds, push and pull individuals in wheelchairs, and standing, bending and sitting for the duration of the shift)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office software, Publisher, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance (within 1 year) or willingness to obtain within 1 month of offer of employment,
- Certified in First Aid/CPR, and Safe Management, or willing to receive training within 3 months of employment,
- Certified in medication administration an asset,
- Certification in food handling considered an asset,
- Ability to swim considered an asset,
- Valid Ontario “G” license, the appropriate liability insurance and reliable vehicle considered an asset,
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered an asset.
- Opportunity to join Harmony Place’s group benefit plan
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- An environment that fosters diversity, creativity, and growth
- Professional development opportunities
Harmony Place is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations may call 416-510-3114 or email email@example.com.