|POSITION TITLE:||Program Assistant Volunteer|
|SUPPORT:||Program Assistants(s) and Program Facilitator(s)|
|LEADERSHIP:||Program Coordinator(s) and Program Manager|
The Volunteer Program Assistant will provide direct service support to adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities in a manner that is respectful of HPSS’ mission statement and service values. The Program Assistant will assist with program delivery.
- Assist staff members with the set up and/or take down of programs
- Assist with delivery of programming in a group setting (including hand-over-hand support when required),
- Guide people in programming to meet their goals and objectives
- This is a moderately physical position and requires standing, sitting, bending, and lifting up to 10 lbs for the duration of the shift. Accommodations can be made, please let us know in advance if you require an accommodation.
- Ability to read and write in English at an intermediate level.
- Ability to use technology (computers, televisions, iPads, stereos) or willingness to learn
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Check (to be completed within 3 months)
- Emergency First Aid/ CPR an asset
- Degree/Diploma/Certificate/Experience in a related field considered an asset,
- Comprehension of sign language is also considered an asset.
Volunteers will complete mandatory training prior to volunteering. Training includes:
- Policy and Procedures review
- Health & Safety
- Abuse Prevention & Reporting
Volunteers also have the opportunity to shadow a Program Instructor until they feel comfortable working directly with people receiving services and supports.
A minimum of 3 months is required.
A commitment of 1 shift per month is required. Available shifts are:
Monday – Friday
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (Full day)
- 9:00 am – 11:30 am (Morning)
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (Morning + Lunch)
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm (Lunch only)
- 11:30 – 3:00 pm (Lunch + Afternoon)
- 1:00 – 3:00 pm (Afternoon)
Harmony Place is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all people. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations may call 416-510-3114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.