|POSITION TITLE:||Board Member|
Harmony Place specializes in providing individually driven day programs for adults with multiple disabilities. With an annual budget of ~$1.2 million dollars Harmony Place receives its core funding from the Ontario government (Ministry of Community and Social Services) and client fees. Harmony Place is governed by a 9 person volunteer Board of Directors which is elected yearly at our Annual General Meeting.
Board members bring knowledge and expertise from a wide range of backgrounds that helps guide long-term strategic planning, governance, and financial health of Harmony Place and its programs.
Harmony Place values the inclusion of all people and our board aim to be reflective of the diverse community we serve. Beyond having a passion for the inclusion of persons with disabilities board members should bring forward:
- Professional skills particularly in the area of law, communications/marketing, and fundraising.
- The ability to work collaboratively with others to reach decisions through constructive conversations
- A strong network of connections and the ability to foster relationships that will support the growth of the organization
- An understanding of the charitable / non-profit sector (bonus if you have working knowledge of the Ministry of Community and Social Services regulations)
- 2 hours during the evening every 1-2 months (see 2019 schedule below)
- An average of 8 hours / month participation in board committees that align with your skills and experience (e.g. Governance Committee, Fundraising Committee)
- Mandatory attendance at our Annual General Meeting
- April 15, 2019 @6:00 VIA ZOOM
- May 27, 2019 @6:30 IN PERSON
- July 8, 2019 @6:30 IN PERSON
- September 9, 2019 @6:30 IN PERSON
- October 21, 2019@6:30 Annual General Meeting
- December 2, 2019 @6:00 VIA ZOOM
In person Board meetings take place at our facility at 132 Railside Rd. (Don Valley Parkway & Lawrence Ave. E.)
- Free parking onsite
- Located near two TTC bus routes (54 and 91)
- Facility is accessible
What’s in it for you?
As a Board member you will have the opportunity to:
- Network with a diverse and passionate group of people
- Enrich your personal and professional life
How to Apply: Now that you’ve heard all about us we’d love to learn about you!
Interested individuals may submit their application or nominate others by submitting a resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com