|POSITION TITLE:||BBQ Cook & Sales|
|SUPPORT:||Program Assistants(s) and Program Facilitator(s)|
Harmony Place Support Services is an incorporated, not-for-profit organization that provides day programs for adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities. We are looking for volunteers who can cook up some delicious (meat and veggie) burgers and hot dogs, or work as cashier at our weekly fundraising BBQs. We can accommodate a maximum of 5 volunteers per day.
When: Every Friday from July 8, 2022 – August 26, 2022. Volunteers can commit to as many Fridays as they would like.
Shifts: Fridays 10:30am-1:30pm
- Cut vegetables (tomatoes, lettuce, onions)
- Transport condiments and buns from the kitchen to the BBQ area
- Clean and prepare BBQ
- Assemble table and lay out condiments, toppings, buns, napkins, and other BBQ supplies
- Take orders from individuals at HPSS, and community members (some individuals will request times for their lunch to be ready)
- Take cash payment and provide change to customers
- Cook veggie burgers, beef burgers, and hot dogs ensuring no cross contamination
- Serve food to customers (including delivery to individuals inside),
- Assist with the general tidy up at the end of the BBQ.
- Ability to communicate in English at an intermediate level
- Customer service skills
- Basic math skills (a calculator will be provided)
- Ability to travel through our facility while carrying items independently
- Experience cooking on a BBQ and food handlers certificate an asset (if cooking)
To be considered for a volunteer position please email kathleen @ harmonyplace.on.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose qualifications most closely match our requirements will be contacted.