Thank you for your interest in hosting an event in support of Harmony Place Support Services.
What are Third Party Events?
Third Party Events are fundraisers benefiting HPSS that are coordinated and implemented by an individual, community group, organization, or company with little to no support from HPSS staff or volunteers. All Third Party Events must be approved by HPSS before the event can be promoted using HPSS’ name and logo.
Third Party Events are a great way to raise funds and awareness of HPSS programs while having lots of fun with your friends, family members, co-workers, and community members!
Consider one of these suggestions below or get creative and come up with your own event idea.
- Garage Sale
- Bake Sales
- Car Wash
- 50/50 draws
- Galas / Ticketed Events
- Sporting Events / Tournaments
- A-thons (walk, bike, dance, knit, bowl, etc.)
- Matching Gift(s)
You might also consider using a special occasion, such as your birthday or wedding to request donations instead of traditional gifts.
Once you have decided what type of event you would like to hold please contact Kathleen Byrne by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 416-510-3114.
Once your event has been approved HPSS is able to offer:
- Event listings on our website, social media platforms, and in upcoming newsletter(s)
- HPSS promotional materials
- Approval of the HPSS name/logo on event promotional materials
- An HPSS representative to attend the event
- Processing of tax receipts in accordance with CRA guidelines
HPSS cannot provide the following:
- Funding and reimbursement for event expenses
- Donor list
- Additional promotion or advertising for your event
- Guaranteed attendance or volunteer support at your event
- Application for gaming licenses
- Prizes or auction items
A tax receipt is given to people/companies who make a donation of $20.00 or more to Harmony Place Support Services. Donations “in-kind” may also receive a tax receipt. Please confirm with us prior to ensure eligibility.
In order to process tax receipts we require the following information:
- Donor’s Name
- Donor’s Address
- Donor’s Telephone Number
- Donation Amount
Tax receipts will not be issued for:
- Donations under $20.00
- The purchase of admission tickets, raffle tickets or auction items
- For donated services (e.g. entertainment)
- Some in-kind gifts may not be eligible to receive a tax receipt
Thank you again for your interest in hosting an event benefiting HPSS. We look forward to hearing from you!